Information Management for Mobility-as-a-Service based on Autonomous Vehicles
Users are still supposed to buy tickets separately for using different transport modes during one journey in current transport system. A Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) aims at providing an interface to integrate all kinds of transport modes and a platform (smart phone application) for users to plan a multimodal journey and to pay only once for this journey. In the future, autonomous vehicles (AVs) will replace the conventional vehicles in a MaaS to provide such seamless mobility services, the system structure and information management processes will also be different. During my research, I learned new ideas towards autonomous vehicles from online resources (texts, videos, pictures, etc.), I made detailed literature review and studied engineering methods, I also consulted with professors and professional people, all those processes helped me investigate the difference between MaaS and Maas based on AVs.
By applying top-down approach of system engineering principles, a structure model of MaaS based on AVs was provided. And a data model was proposed to describe the system. A detailed operational model was also presented to know how this information system works. As dynamic price influences the transport demand and capacity, this main function was described in detail with a dynamic price model to calculate the service fees. Furthermore, the results in scenarios show that the new service will help users decrease their journey time.
The main difficulties encountered during the research:
- Describing the structure and service of a future mobility system on the strength of research materials,
- Exploring the detailed information operation processes and their relationships with simplified figures,
- Determining the variables in the dynamic price model.
I will make continuous further research in the following directions:
- Conducting a questionnaire survey on attitudes towards the acceptability of services provided by autonomous vehicles in MaaS,
- Including the infrastructure, battery-charging and parking problems in the mobility system analysis,
- Proposing a possible way to merge the crowdsourced logistics into the MaaS system,
- Investigating the structure and operational model for a mixed system with conventional vehicles and autonomous vehicles together.
mesterképzés (MA/MSc), nappali